Saturday, December 4, 2010

Spotlight Saturday Sale!

Spotlight Saturday Sale!

Goodmorning Girls,
I'm writing to you from a very cold and real white the Netherlands.
It's such a stunning world outside here! We have and amazing amount of snow!
And the temp is so low... we seldom have that!
And I still hope that this will stay untill Christmas, cause I love to have a real white Christmas!

And talking about Christmas... Marilyn has a beautiful Christmas Family Traditon that she is willing to tell you all!
I was so touched by it and I'm very glad that she want to share it and give a glimpse into her private life!

My kids and I, always started off the christmas season with baking and christmas carols.  It usually started around the end of November.  We would do cookies, cakes, squares and pies.  These were all recipes passed on to me by my mother, but every year we always added a few new baked goodies!  Then later on as the girls got older, we started having "Cookie Exchange Parties".  So what happens at the cookie party, depending on the amount of people you invite, each person bakes and wraps 1 dozen cookies for each person attending the party, and a dozen to sample at the party.  I always had about 10 - 15 people, so I would end up with 15 dozen cookies, each dozen different.  You find out ahead of time what everyone wants to bring, so that there are not 2 types of cookies the same.  It's a great way to get your cookies done, and to celebrate the holidays with friends and family.

Then we would decorate, no space was left empty! We have an ornament that my hubby got when he was 5, which is 59 years ago, and that one always goes on last, and has a special place on the tree!  My husband and I always bought the kids a new christmas ornament every year, and when they grew up and moved away, they had quite a few ornaments to start their own traditions with. 
On Christmas Eve, we would visit my sister, and then go to the Christmas Eve service at church, and after that come home and have a snack, and leave a snack for Santa Claus, or called "Pere Noel" in my neck of the woods!  One of the traditions I kept from my childhood, and still do today, is we always had new pyjamas and slippers to wear on Christmas Eve.
Of course, Christmas morning, we would start with our Christmas stockings, and gifts.  While I was getting the turkey and things ready, my husband would be making us breakfast.  For the rest of the day, we would be enjoying the company of family and friends, and great food!  My favourite part of Christmas dinner, was my turkey sandwich later that night...lol.  By the time the day was over, I was tired and sleepy, but I wouldn't change a thing!
Now with my kids, living in western Canada, it's quite quiet for my husband and I.  We skype a lot that day, talking to the girls and my grand-son, then we go out for Christmas dinner. 
That's my traditions, I look forward to reading about yours!
hugs Marilyn

Well, now you see why I was touched by it? 

Now Michelle has a little suprise for you today. We have another Spotlight Saturday Sale!
This week it's Poinsetta Fairy!
You can find her HERE in the Store.
And both teams made you some great inspirational works with her!

Tammy made her in Blue and added a self made background DP. That matches perfect with the challenge that is still running on the blog HERE


Shelley made her in green and added this stunning papers with it! See how well they match with her dress?

Marion colored her in Christmas Red and added stickles and silver pearls in the flowers.
The background papers are embossed like the Challenge!

Marilyn colored her in real winter tones! Isn't she beautiful like this and also with selfmade background papers!

Melissa made her in stunning Christmas Red and made a Christmas Tree ornament with her!

Now I think that all these beautiful creations are a a pleasure to look at and inspire you girls to work with her as well!
Have fun
xxx
Marion

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful Spotlight Saturday post this week, Marion! Filled with so much holiday spirit! Thanks to Marilyn for sharing her holiday traditions, I love your story about your cookie party and your husbands special ornament along with all of your other beautiful traditions! And thank you to Marion and her talented mermaids for their gorgeous creations with Poinsettia Fairy! You ladies have made so many beautiful works of art with her! Thank you all for such a magical post this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marion for spotlighting me this week! I am so glad you enjoyed reading my traditions Michelle, it was fun remembering them. Beautiful cards ladies!
    hugs Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading about your Holiday traditions Marilyn!! Thank you for sharing! Gorgeous cards everyone and wonderful post Marion!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! The samples are gorgeous and the traditions are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your family traditions for the holiday season with us Marilyn. You do a lot of the same things that we always do. Since Santa is usually full of cookies and milk, my kids always left him some pretzels and beer with some carrots for the reindeer. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are all so gorgeous!! Love reading about Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marilyn, we always get new pjs on Christmas too! Our church use to do the cookie exchange, it is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete